Online readings have several benefits, including complete anonymity, ending a session with grace, and less risk of getting a cold (scam) psychic reading. There’s also the fact that there are numerous advisors to choose from. However, finding the right psychic takes a bit of effort on your part. Just because you’re not face-to-face doesn’t mean you can’t have a virtual relationship that clicks, from personality to skill set. Here are some pointers for finding the right psychic and preparing for your first reading.
How to Find the Right Psychic
Take your time to find the right psychic for you. If you do your homework correctly, you won’t have to repeat the process often — unless you’re searching for a different type of advisor to fit your current needs. It’s not uncommon to have more than one psychic.
- Research: Before anything else, log on to Psychic Center and carefully read the bios, reviews, and testimonials of the psychics who catch your attention. For some people, a thoughtful biography is just as important as the reviews — think of a bio like an elevator speech.
- Choose a Goal: Not every psychic possesses the same skills. Along with general psychics, there are astrologers, love and relationship experts, tarot readers, mediums, and more. By choosing a goal for your reading (getting through a breakup, the desire to advance in a career, carving a life path, etc.), you can pinpoint the type of psychic you’re looking for based on their profile. If you’re looking to communicate with a deceased loved one, you specifically need the assistance of a medium. Note that while all mediums are psychic, not all psychics are mediums.
- Consider Your Budget: While you’re perusing the profiles of different advisors, you’ll notice a wide range of prices. Here’s the thing: Psychic reading prices vary, but don’t be turned off by the fact that one price is lower than the other — or vice versa. Psychic ability is truly a gift, but at the end of the day, experience and skillset influence how much you’ll pay per minute. With that said, determine a budget for the type of spiritual guidance you’re seeking before booking a session.
What to Expect Before Your First Psychic Reading
Now that you’ve found the right psychic for you, what should you know before your first reading?
- Psychics Don’t Know Everything About You: Relax. A psychic doesn’t know what you’re wearing or what you’re thinking just because they can tap into your energy field. Their job is to provide you with guidance on your questions via divination tools like tarot, intuition, spirit guides, energetic planes, angles, seeing visions, and hearing guidance. Feel confident that when you chat with a psychic, your privacy is respected.
- Be Prepared: Questions are important, but it’s how you word them that’s key. It’s not necessarily what you ask; it’s how you ask it. Never ask passive (Will I?), reassurance (Should I?), or doubt-fueled inquiries. This is liable to lead to a basic “yes” or “no” response. The best questions to ask a psychic are specific and open-ended such as: “I’m not sure if I should still fight for my relationship, what should I do?” Never let the psychic push you into giving away too much information as you’ll run the risk of unintentionally setting yourself up for a scam, aka cold psychic reading.
- Get a Grasp of the Basics:
- There are several dos and don’ts when speaking to a psychic, so know the basics such as remembering to set an intention and clear your mind and heart before a session and have realistic expectations. On the flip side, don’t believe a spiritual advisor to make decisions for you or determine your fate.